Sunday, September 24, 2017

Thought Bubble

Hi…
How are you?
Can I buy you a drink?
Damn, that was a lot harder than you think?
But you said yes.

Out of fear I won’t stand here long
I will open my mouth only to release something stupid
Hoping that you won’t think about it later.

I’ll be a little nervous and shiver
Trying to find the words to make something switch
I’ll play with the straw paper to combat the quiver.

Later, I will try with all my might
Not to over think what was said
But as the words replay in my head...

Sleep will evade me
As I lie only to see
That I’ve again opened my mouth.

Too honest they said…
I don’t ask questions I’m not willing to answer.
And if you said “ditto” … 
Then the honest answer is what you will get.

Really no bull…
Life is too short
Just be who you are…

I’m not going to try to justify what I said.
Maybe I’ll just let this one be dead…

“Hi... How are you?
Can I buy you drink…"

Crap!! I’ve already messed this up...

No comments:

Post a Comment